IINSPIRE LSAMP alumni are encouraged to give back to the program through role modeling and other activities that support STEM student success. STEM alumni serve as valuable role models to multicultural STEM students and exemplify the value of IINSPIRE LSAMP to our partners and funding agencies.
In 2017, Paul Faronbi (Iowa State University, 2016) and Queenster Nartey (Grinnell, 2016) founded the IINSPIRE LSAMP Alumni Committee. The committee consists of alumni from across the IINSPIRE LSAMP Alliance. Recent post-baccalaureates IINSPIRE students are invited to join the committee.
Letter from Paul Faronbi and Queenster Nartey, Alumni Committee Founders.
Contact the Alumni Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IINSPIRE-LSAMP Alumni Committee aims to unite post-baccalaureate IINSPIRE students in hopes to facilitate a successful undergraduate career for current students. To do this, the Alumni Committee will attend conferences, workshops, and virtual discussions utilizing our network of IINSPIRE alumni.
- Establish a network of post-baccalaureate IINSPIRE students
- Select President, Vice President and other executive positions as needed
- Host enlightening sessions at national/regional conferences
- Schedule monthly/quarterly meetings to stay up to date with events occurring in the alliance
- Communicate with IINSPIRE directors bimonthly
- Develop and nourish mentor-mentee relationships
- Continue to grow our network by sharing the phenomenal benefits of being part of the IINSPIRE-LSAMP community
How to Join
Recent post-baccalaureates IINSPIRE students are invited to join the committee. To be considered for membership, please complete the Alumni Committee Membership Form by following the link below. A committee representative will contact you with more information.