The IINSPIRE LSAMP Alliance is accepting applications for the 2021 IINSPIRE LSAMP Virtual Summer Experience for Early Researchers (VSEER) Program. The 8-week program runs June 7 through July 30, 2021 and is designed for undergraduate students without research experience who want to: deepen their understanding of research methodologies, explore current research in the STEM disciplines, and define their research interest. Participants are paid a $1,000 stipend for 10 hours of research training per week.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
Eligibility to be a VSEER participant:
- Attending an IINSPIRE LSAMP Alliance institution
- Have no prior research experience.
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- College GPA of 3.0 and higher (preferred)
- Courses in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Member of an underrepresented group, Black or African-American, Alaskan Natives, American Indian, Hispanic American, Native Hawaiian, and Native Pacific Islander
The IINSPIRE LSAMP Virtual Summer Experience for Early Research (VSEER) Program Expectations are for students to:
A. Attend and participate in all scheduled weekly program activities between June 7, 2021 and July 30, 2021. During this period, you are expected to work 10 hours per week. Three hours of synchronous sessions and seven hours of independent work.
B. Attend the Virtual Summer Experience for Early Research (VSEER) Program Orientation on Friday, June 4, 2021 from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon CST;
C. Attend and actively participate in the following each week:
Virtual Course Meetings — Mondays at 10:00 am CST
Virtual Community Building — Thursdays at 3:30 pm CST
Virtual Lab Tours — Times TBD
D. Provide a “Participation Report” to your LSAMP Campus Director (or campus designee) in the 4th and 7th week of the program to initiate stipend installments.
E. Prepare and present a research/experiential poster at the end of the program.
For more information contact:
Iowa State University
LSAMP Program Coordinator
University of Northern Iowa