As a Student Member
The program is open to any undergraduate student in the eligible majors who is enrolled or has been accepted for enrollment at any of the IINSPIRE LSAMP partner institutions. To join, simply send us an email and we’ll add you to the student network.
As a Research Intern
Step 1: Learn more about and apply for specific undergraduate research opportunities. You may also contact the IINSPIRE LSAMP campus director at your college or university to inquire about other potential research experiences.
Step 2: If you have been selected for an undergraduate research position by a faculty researcher or undergraduate research program, you may be eligible for IINSPRIE LSAMP funding for your internship.
If you are a current research intern and meet the following criteria, complete the form at the link below.
- Member of the IINSPIRE LSAMP student network
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- College GPA of 2.5 or high school GPA of 2.7
- Major in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Member of an underrepresented group in STEM, including Black or African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders
PLEASE NOTE: This is an application for research funding; it is NOT an application for a research opportunity. Undergraduate students must separately apply to an undergraduate research experience or seek a research opportunity with an individual faculty researcher.
You are expected to inform the IINSPIRE LSAMP office if you are accepted into an REU program or have an internship offer, so that funding can be applied to your research experience.