LSMRCE 2022 Annual Conference
The Louis Stokes Midwest Regional Center of Excellence (LSMRCE) conference, “STEM Ecosystem: Diversity, Partnership, and Empowerment,” will be held October 28-30, 2022 at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg.
This event offers students, faculty mentors, educational researchers, and program administrators a platform to exchange knowledge and to cultivate a community of practitioners and scholars in the area of broadening the participation of underrepresented minorities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Underrepresented minority STEM students (undergrad, grad, BD fellows, LSAMP alumni)
- Higher education administrators
- STEM faculty mentors
- STEM program administrators
- Faculty interested in education research
- All NSF LSAMP, INCLUDES, and LSRCE community members
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We are currently accepting proposals for sessions that are rooted in the conference themes. The audience is higher education faculty, administrators, and mentors in the STEM/broadening participation community.
Session Types and Format
There are 3 types of concurrent sessions as outlined below. All session types are conducted in-person at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg.
- Breakout sessions are 45 minutes in length, including discussion and Q&A. Breakout sessions are intended to deliver information, provide resources, and cultivate reflection on how to leverage this new knowledge or resource.
- Roundtable discussion sessions are 75 minutes in length including contextual set-up, discussion activity, and Q&A. Roundtable discussions are intended to provide a platform for groups to have deeper conversations based upon common interests or themes.
- Workshop are 90 minutes in length including presentation, discussion, activity, and Q&A. Workshops are intended to provide a space for the learner to practice new skills in a supportive environment. All workshops must have an interactive component and provide attendees with actionable knowledge or tangible resources.
We encourage all submissions to include at least one of the following conference themes in the context of broadening the participation of underrepresented minorities in STEM.
- Equity and Inclusion in STEM
- Workforce Development
- Systemic Change
- Proposal deadline is July 1, 2022. Early submission is encouraged. The submission window will close once all the slots are full.
- Presenters will be notified no later than August 15 via email.
What do presenters receive?
- Presenters and all co-presenters receive complimentary conference registration ($300 value).
- The lead presenter receives 2-nights complimentary hotel at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. These 2 nights can be made into two, 1-night stays for co-presenters.
Session abstracts must be submitted by July 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET by clicking the link below.
Who should participate?
Undergraduates, post-baccalaureates, graduate students, fellows, and post-docs who are conducting research in any of the following areas: biological sciences, computer sciences, data sciences, engineering sciences, environmental sciences, mathematical sciences, physical sciences (Astro, Chemistry, Physics), socio/behavioral sciences, or technology.
What do presenters get?
- Complimentary conference registration ($75 value)
- Professional development skill-building (priceless)
- Opportunities to network with thought leaders in industry and higher education (priceless)
Poster Competition Information:
Below are the registration dates and associated rates. All presenters and poster presenters receive complimentary conference registration. The promo code will be sent to presenters and poster presenters in your invitation to present. If you believe you should have received a complimentary registration code, please contact Deb Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird Registration (June 1st – Aug 31st)
Students – $75
Non-students – $250
Regular Registration (Sep 1st – Oct 2nd)
Students – $75
Non-students – $350
Late Registration (October 3rd – 25th)
Students – $75
Non-students – $500
Registration closes on Tuesday, October 25th. No onsite registration will be available.