Community based recruiting
- Educating students, K-12 teachers, peers, and family about STEM education and career opportunities.
- LSAMP students will have an opportunity to engage in recruiting new students into STEM fields.
- Preparing students for a STEM degree through increased advising efforts.
- Broaden students’ awareness of career opportunities in STEM fields.
- Geared towards entering freshman, juniors, and community college transfer students.
- Offer academic and social support.
- Professional development: Starting the research certification process and introducing students to research and potential funding opportunities.
Inclusive pedagogy development
- Faculty will assist with developing action plans that will lead to the adoption of demonstrated pedagogical improvements on their campuses.
Research certification program
- Opportunity to present research at local and regional conferences.
Summer and academic year research opportunities
- Available to students at 2-year and 4-year institutions
- Workshops: Designed to allow students to meet with potential mentors and learn about research opportunities
- Gain practical experience of a technical profession
- Provide a window into STEM careers
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in a supportive environment